Like some of you, I initially thought this was another new iced coffee trend or maybe the resurgence of the popular 90s citrus soda, but the "surge" that folks are highlighting in September is the increase in job recruitment and hiring happening across various sectors.
Why now? The consensus from my Google searches highlights this is a prime time as recruiters and hiring managers are back in the office from summer vacation. Many also note that there is an interest in hiring before the holiday season. So, organizations are primed and ready to welcome new hires.
What does this look like in the world of higher education? We to are in our prime to hire and recruit new team members. Many of our campuses have completed our welcoming of new and returning students or are gearing up for their arrival. There is an excitement in the air of the start of a new academic year which brings energy and fresh landscaping that makes a great environment for us to welcome potential new team members. Wondering where to start?
Here are 5 ways to give your search a BOOST during this surge:
- Define your brand.
- Job Seekers- review your resume, Linked In profile, TPE job board profile and update with who is now as a candidate.
- Employers- Refresh and update your job posting
- Reflect and identify your goals within the search.
- Activate your network.
- Start to connect with mentors, colleagues and friends regarding your search goals. These relationships may yield new resources and opportunities in your process.
- Apply for opportunities.
- Put yourself out there, now is the time.
- Practice your pitch.
- Now is also the time to engage in the mock interview processes and/or receive feedback.
Looking to read more on the September Surge?